We love passionate, dedicated mentors...
IndEd takes great pride in having dedicated Mentors who get to directly apply their ideas and skills sharing knowledge with the next generation.
IndEd Mentor is a new kind of “teacher”: a trusted advisor, developer, and facilitator of projects and tools to help guide students along their educational path.
A Mentor has the education and background required to help children become productive citizens, entrepreneurs, thinkers and leaders. In some cases they have a deep understanding of a particular subject (“Specialist Mentors”), but more importantly a passion for learning and sharing the learning process with others.
Our “Academy Mentors” will also establish tailor-made Personalized Learning Plans for each student. They develop interdisciplinary projects called “Independent Achievement Units” which encourage students to explore beyond the classroom, thereby providing the opportunity to meet their highest academic, social, and emotional potential.
Attributes of an IndEd Mentor:
- Loves to learn; to seek truth, beauty, and good; and to share it with others
- Is organized and dependable
- Enjoys working with a variety of people in a variety of situations
- Understands the benefits of private and homeschooling or is/has been a homeschooler
- Has business experience and/or is willing to learn and has the entrepreneurial spirit
- Accepts and promotes the Vision and Mission of IndED.
- Is technologically savvy: online collaboration tools, email, excel, word, social networking, mobile apps, e-readers, etc.
Contact us to start your journey: