* Specify which class date your child will be attending in the “Additional Information” section during checkout.
The “Civics and Community” program offers children a deeper understanding of the American Founding, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Community engagement and civic (and civil) discourse through creative and fun experiences with opportunities to engage in the community at large with their projects.
FALL 2017 COURSE OUTLINE
- The American Revolutionary War
- The American Founding: Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, Bill of Rights
- The Commonwealth of Virginia Government structure
- The Judicial System
- Stock Market Game
- Basic Economics — Needs and Wants, Money, Supply and Demand
- Option: participate in the “Young Citizen” program featuring special guests such as local public leaders, entrepreneurs and non-profit leaders.
ADDITIONAL COURSE DETAILS
- Age Range: 8-12 (approx. 3rd to 6th grade)
- Schedule: Every Tuesday from 1pm to 2:30pm
- Supplies: All supplies will be provided as part of the course, but there could be a nominal fee for any field trips which involve admissions.
*IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to specify which class date your child will be attending in the “Additional Information” section during checkout.